If you’re not running a genuine version of Windows OS or your license period has expired then you must be experiencing ‘This copy of Windows is not genuine error, right?
Well, I’m here with a simple tutorial on how to fix Windows 7 not genuine error in few simple steps. You don’t need any additional software to do so but you’ve to take a little help of command prompt of Windows OS.
This copy of Windows is not genuine
The major problem with this copy of Windows is no genuine error is that it removes wallpaper from the desktop and replaces it with complete black color wallpaper which looks very bad.
Another thing which is annoying is that this message keeps on coming after each 5-6 minutes on your desktop notification. It becomes very annoying at time of working.
You may get issues with performance of your PC or laptop too after starting of this error. It can also affect the battery life of your laptop.
How to Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine error
In order to fix this problem you’ve to follow the steps mentioned below as it is. Don’t skip any step otherwise the motive will not be achieved. Remember, I’m not going to include any software in order to fix Windows 7 not genuine error.
- Start your PC and click on Start button.
- Use the search tool over there and search for ‘cmd’.
- Right click on the ‘cmd’ in search result and choose option ‘Run as administrator’.
- Now type ‘SLMGR –REARM’ and hit enter. Type the words as it is otherwise method will not work.
- Now a popup will appear as Windows Script Host which will notify that you’ve successfully completed that command and you need to restart your system.
- Follow previous command i.e. restart your PC now.
That’s all you need to do to fix Windows 7 not genuine error.
In case you’re still experiencing the same problem then you need to follow below mentioned steps,
- Move into your control panel and then go into the Windows Update section. Alternatively you can move into the ‘Uninstall a program’ tool.
- Now click on ‘View installed updates’ and wait for all updates to get listed.
- Now find out update with name ‘KB971033’ and uninstall it from your Windows.
- Restart your PC now.
Hope now the error is fixed on your PC. Don’t forget to share this simple guide on how to fix Windows 7 not genuine error with your friends online.