There can be times when you would need to talk with people face-to-face over the Internet and normal emails and messaging simply don’t cut it. These are the times when you need video calling facility. But without the proper software, such a task is impossible to achieve. This is where IMO comes in. IMO is an app that provides you with video calling facility to make calls to anyone. However the app is exclusive to smartphones and tablets and comes for Android. However, your beloved Mac can run the app just fine. How? Let us have a look at that.
IMO for free Video calls:
The IMO app’s primary offering is video calls. Video calls are not limited to any location or services and can be done to anyone having the app across borders. The calls are by default encypted so that you do not have to worry about security. Apart from this, the app also lets you chat with similar chat encryption and variety of sticker packs to let express yourself better. Photos and videos can also be shared over the chat. The app is also optimized for tablet layout which is better suited for your Mac. Chat grouping is also present where you can add a bunch of known people to a group and have a conversation. Group exchange photos and videos are rendered in the form of gallery for better navigation. And all this is available for free! With so many great features in tow, let us have a look at the steps of running the app on your Mac instead of Android.
IMO For Mac:
In order to enjoy the free video calls on your Mac, you need to be able to run the app on OS X. However, OS X natively does not support running/installing Android apps. Thus you will need an emulator – Bluestacks. The Bluestacks software can emulate the Android environment on your Mac and thus enable you to install and run Android apps with access to Google Playstore. The steps are summarized as follows:
Read more: Flashchat For PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/XP)
- Download the latest setup available of Bluestacks setup for Mac.
- Before installing, enable the setting which lets you install any app (even from outside the Mac App store) and install Bluestacks.
- Once the installation completes, launch the application. For the first time, Bluestacks will ask you to set certain preferences such as default language.
- Once set, you need to now setup your Google account for Playstore access to download the app. You can use your existing Gmail ID and password or create a new one.
- After the account is synced, you will be at the home screen. Type “IMO” at the top search bar and search for the app.
- When found, click on the link which will take you staright to the Playstore page of the app. Click on the “Install” button on this page.
- Once the installation of IMO finishes, come back to home screen and you will see the app’s entry with its icon in it. Click on ut to launch the app.
With these simple steps, you can make IMO for Mac a reality and enjoy free video calls!