Reading books of our choice is something which is universally enjoyed and appreciated. But there can be situations when carrying and reading a book may not be possible. Consider a rickety bus ride or public transport or while jogging on the track. Audio books can help greatly in these situations, making you hands free. Audible is one such audio book app with a huge collection and useful features. But just when you thought you had a solution for your Mac, the app sadly runs on smartphones and tablets. But there are ways to get it working on your Mac rather easily.
Audible hosts a huge collection of audio books, which can be approximated up to 15,00,000. The books can be downloaded to your device and does not require constant internet connection. Books downloaded can also be shared and are not locked by DRM. The app allows you to play the audio at variable speeds and tones and also supports bookmarks to save the current reading point. The books are listed in a vertical list which can be filtered and sorted based on fields such as authors, titles, publication dates. Audible has a user account facility which lets you track what you have read and you can also add achievements based on them. It also provides users with a Facebook like news feed that contains information regarding latest author events and upcoming titles. The amount of facilities provided by the Audible app is just great and it is quite a utility to have. So let us have a look at how to get it up and running on your Mac…
Audible for Mac
We all know that Apple and Google are rivals when it comes to smartphones and tablets but it is Google who will help you to get Audible for Mac. How? Bluestacks Android emulator is the answer. As the app is available on Android and the Android environment can be emulated on your Mac using Bluestacks, we can run the app. Bluestacks will require you to use a Google account to let you access playstore and download the app however. Let us take a closer look at the steps involved.
Must Read: Download Twickets for Mac – Free!
- From the reliable source, download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac and install it. (You may need to enable installing software from untrusted sources for this). You can download it from the button listed below, which is verified download link!
- For first time, you have to set your default language and setup your Google account (to access Google playstore). To setup the account, you can create a new one or just use your existing Gmail user ID and password.
- Once done, you will be at the Android home screen. On the search bar at top, type “Audible” and search for it.
- It will take you to the Playstore page of the app and you have to click on the “Install” button.
- After the installation finishes, go back to the home screen and there you will see the app listed as an icon with the name.
- Click on the icon to launch the app within Bluestacks!
With these simple steps you will be able to listen to a great many audio books on your Mac.