With the advent of runner games, the casual gaming world is yet to get over the format and it keeps growing more popular with every franchise getting a taste of it. Sega has brought Sonic to the same genre with an infinite runner names Sonic Dash. However the game is only available for smartphones and tablets. While Windows users can use Universal apps to enjoy the game on their PC, you will think that your Mac is unfortunate. But such is definitely not the case as the game can be enjoyed on your Mac as well.
Read More – Eternity Warriors for PC
Sonic Dash The game
We are pretty aware about the “infinite runner” genre in games and if you need a rehash here it is. The game expects you to control Sonic the hedgehog (more precisely the turns and jumps you make) while the character will be running for as long as you can without any finish line or checkpoint. Thus you will be trying to get rewards, beat your own and your friend’s records and not “finish” the game. The main objective is to level up and get more custom enhancements for your character to play better next time and for this you will need to collect “rings” while running. The red rings are special ones that enable you to buy Blaze, Amy, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Silver, Cream and Rogue. Based on the “Seaside Hills” level of Sonic Heroes, the levels are spruced up to modern high resolution screens and 3D environments. The game does have IAPs which lets you customize the character and purchase power ups. It also features a boss battle with Zazz, a member of Deadly Six from Sonic Lost World.
Having said all this, you must be thinking about getting it up and running on your Mac.
Read More-Drag Race Rush for PC – Free Download!
Sonic Dash for Mac
In order to enjoy Sonic Dash for Mac, you will need to have an Android environment setup within OS X and use the fact that the game is available for Android. Bluestacks is such software which can emulate the Android environment and also provide you with access to Google playstore to purchase and install apps and games from it. The steps are as follows.
- Click here to download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac and install it. (For the installation, you will need to change your preferences so that your Mac installs from 3rd party sources).
- Launch Bluestacks. For the first time, you will need to set your preferences such as the default language and then you will need to enter your Google account credentials (your existing Gmail ID and password will do or make a new one) and this will enable playstore access.
- On the home screen, type “Sonic Dash” on the top search bar and search for it (Press the return key).
- Bluestacks will take you to the playstore page from where you should click on the “Install” button.
- Once the installation finishes, go back to the home screen and you will see the game’s icon. Click on the icon to start the game.
With Bluestacks installed, you can enjoy Sonic Dash and also perform in app purchases as well!